It's different here.
Quality and integrity in all endeavors
Mutual respect for our colleagues and their role in our success
Passionate focus on the customer experience
These are the core values upon which our bank was founded in 1995, and they form the cultural center of our organization to this day. It's a difference you can feel – from our employees to our board of directors. If you are interested in a career with First Community Bank, our current opportunities are listed below.
Named one of South Carolina's Best Places to Work
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tellers -Lexington and Columbia, SC area Float Tellers
This position will provide teller coverage at various banking offices and is responsible for providing quality transactions and efficiency to customers who prefer personal interaction with the Bank. Also responsible for proactively recognizing additional financial needs of customers and referring them to other Bank staff as applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of basic teller transactions such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing checks, taking large commercial deposits, cash advances, etc.
- Balance daily work in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures.
- Handle proportionate volume of work based on banking office demands to include WebCapture.
- Resolve customer issues and problems in a professional manner or refer to appropriate staff to guarantee customer satisfaction and retention.
- Follow bank policies and procedures, security guidelines, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate willingness and desire to interact in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Adaptability to change, including cross-training for Customer Service Representative and Teller Supervisor functions.
- Ability to compute basic to moderately complex math calculations.
- Basic problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency in using personal computers and office products (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Bi-lingual in Spanish (a plus)
This position will assist the Compliance/BSA Officer with ensuring Bank Secrecy Act compliance, implementing and administering all activities relating to BSA and AML Program and Internal Controls, requiring subject matter expertise and knowledge of emerging regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Assists in all aspects of accounts and activities under different departments of the Bank relating to BSA, AML and OFAC compliance as described in the FFIEC Bank Secrecy Act Anti-Money Laundering Examination Manual.
• Utilizes BSA/AML monitoring application systems and other reports to detect suspicious activities.
• Perform due diligence on alerts and cases, promptly closing alerts not deemed unusual or suspicious and escalating cases of unusual or suspicious activity.
• Creates case investigation file that includes Enhanced Due Diligence conducted and ensures that the decision-making process to file or not to file a SAR is documented on the investigation case file.
• Reviews Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) for accuracy and timely submission. Forward corrections to banking offices for training purposes.
• Prepares and/or approves and submits Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) electronically, including accountability for 90-day reviews of continuing activity.
• Provide appropriate documentation to support findings and recommendation to SAR Committee on an “as needed” basis; i.e., Request to Close Relationship or Request to Maintain.
• Performs high risk account monitoring to include CDD and EDD procedures for MSBs and POATMs.
• Assists with documentation requests and monitoring/reporting activities for all regulatory examinations and audits as they relate to BSA/USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC and related issues.
• Researches data and compiles BSA metrics for committee reports, including assisting with annual BSA/AML Risk Assessment.
• Analyze work of tellers and customer service representatives for compliance with regulations and Bank internal policies and procedures.
• Provides banking office and customer support on day-to-day issues related to BSA.
• Assists in providing applicable BSA/AML training.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a minimum of 5 years related bank compliance experience with knowledge of BSA/AML and SAR reporting requirements, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with BSA/AML monitoring; Verafin AML software a plus.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to compute basic to moderately complex math calculations.
• Basic problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Proficiency in using personal computers and office products (e.g., Word, Excel, Adobe).
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Effective organizational and time management skills
• CAMS, desired
Senior Internal Auditor
This position is responsible for performing all aspects of audits which includes planning the audit, fieldwork, resolution of audit issues and report writing. This position will also be responsible for conducting a full range of financial, compliance and operational audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Ensure audit goals and objectives are adequately met.
• Prepare audit work papers to ensure audit recommendations are properly supported and documented and the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls have been properly evaluated.
• Ensure audits are conducted in a timely and efficient manner and recommendations for corrective action are realistic and cost beneficial to the organization.
• Review and analyze the scope of audit programs, recommending changes and improvements as appropriate including development of new audit programs when needed.
• Develop and implement effective audit techniques and utilize documentation skills to adequately support audit findings within a timely manner.
• Effectively prepare audit reports and communicate complex audit findings and recommendations to appropriate management levels, including senior management, in a timely manner.
• Ability to evaluate internal controls and perform risk assessments in a banking environment.
• Leverage technology to conduct analytics and streamline the audit process.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to work independently
• Maintain a positive working relationship with audit clients.
• Bachelor’s degree with 8 plus years of internal audit experience in a banking environment
• Banking regulatory compliance knowledge, mortgage experience and SOX preferred
• Proficiency in computer skills, specifically Microsoft™ office products
• Knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditors International Professional Practices Framework and Code of Ethics
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Professional designation desirable; CIA, CBA or CISA
Send Us Your Résumé
First Community Bank
Attention: Career Opportunities
P. O. Box 64
Lexington, SC 29071
Individuals With Disabilities
Contact us if you need help completing your application.
Assistance is available for individuals with disabilities and those who need an alternative method for applying due to a limited ability or inability to use this online process.
First Community Bank offers a competitive salary, insurance and retirement benefits, a generous paid time off plan, and a stable and friendly working environment.
First Community Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information (105 kB PDF)
Additional Equal Employment Opportunity Information (142 kB PDF)