Senior Internal Auditor
This position is responsible for performing all aspects of audits which includes planning the audit, fieldwork, resolution of audit issues and report writing. This position will also be responsible for conducting a full range of financial, compliance and operational audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Ensure audit goals and objectives are adequately met.
- Prepare audit work papers to ensure audit recommendations are properly supported and documented and the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls have been properly evaluated.
- Ensure audits are conducted in a timely and efficient manner and recommendations for corrective action are realistic and cost beneficial to the organization.
- Review and analyze the scope of audit programs, recommending changes and improvements as appropriate including development of new audit programs when needed.
- Develop and implement effective audit techniques and utilize documentation skills to adequately support audit findings within a timely manner.
- Effectively prepare audit reports and communicate complex audit findings and recommendations to appropriate management levels, including senior management, in a timely manner.
- Ability to evaluate internal controls and perform risk assessments in a banking environment.
- Leverage technology to conduct analytics and streamline the audit process.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently
- Maintain a positive working relationship with audit clients.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 plus years of internal audit experience in a banking environment
- Banking regulatory compliance knowledge, mortgage experience and SOX preferred
- Proficiency in computer skills, specifically Microsoft™ office products
- Knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditors International Professional Practices Framework and Code of Ethics
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Professional designation desirable; CIA, CBA or CISA