Responsible for soliciting, negotiating, underwriting, and coordinating the closing of routine consumer and commercial loans. Examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of customer loan applications. Also promotes business for the Bank by developing new commercial and consumer business growth and cross-selling opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview loan applicants and request required information for determining a credit decision.
- Conduct credit analysis to support granting loan approval within assigned lending authority or prior to requesting approval from a co-approving officer.
- Ensure loan agreements and other pertinent documentation are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compile loan package and facilitate negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Serve as primary contact in responding to customer and non-customer inquiries relative to loan and deposit products, rates, procedures, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Bank loan products and services including real estate, construction and development, working capital lines, equipment, and vehicle.
- Follow bank policies and procedures, security guidelines, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations. Includes coordinating with legal counsel and bank operating departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new and/or revised bank products and services.
- Assume ownership of customer problems to achieve resolution.
- Promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services using Bank-endorsed techniques and processes.
- Assist in attaining established Bank and branch goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs. Includes promoting and cross-selling other Bank products and services as appropriate for customer requirements.
- Identify and analyze potential loan markets to develop commercial loan and deposit prospects.
- Support the activities of the assigned banking office including consulting with tellers and customer service representatives and granting officer approval of transactions as appropriate.
- Support the Bank’s CRA Officer by reporting CRA data.
- Engage in community involvement and civic activities and, at times, take a leadership role in such organizations.
- Directly manage supporting paralender and carry out all related supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree, or at least 10 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to compute basic to moderately complex math calculations.
- Basic problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency in using personal computers and office products (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Ability to underwrite and properly package a loan.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Attendance in SC Bankers School curriculum or similar course work preferred.